Friday, May 30, 2008

Close to home!

This week I started another Irrigation job. I have been blessed to be able to save gas, and walk across the driveway to our neighbor's house. I have been fortunate enough to be able to work with some very good teens, as I mentioned before, but this week they were away on a family vacation. So, this left the entire job up to me to complete. Nathan and Emily have been finished with school for about 2 weeks now, and I recruited Nathan to help (with pay of course). Thursday I started the trenching, and Emily came out to take some pictures for me. The first two are from the side of our driveway. I also started to lay the pipe for the job, and had to wait for Nathan to finish breakfast to get some OJT. The house sits on 1/2 acre, but still requires 8 zones. Well, 9 if you count the garden. I have that set up on 3' risers, and will water the lawn when their garden is not in use. I will up date with pictures when finished.
Finally, he comes out ready to work... but the first words out of his mouth is "dad, how much am I going to make". Typical worker. Never mind wanting to help out, just to help. Well, I can't complain, Nathan has worked hard for the last two days... and worth everything he has made! It has been a great blessing bonding with Nathan as he asks sooooo many questions about how the Irrigation works.

I wish I was this excited to go to work!!!
A few minutes of OJT and he knows what to do by himself....
Gluing the pipes together...
If you want an Irrigation installed, just ask Nathan and he'll gladly do it for you :)! After two days of working he knows the basics of how it works, how many heads to put in a zone, and how many gallons per minute each head can put out. Not bad for a 9 year-old....the hardest part of the irrigation work is trenching (which he didn't do, too dangerous for him), and covering the trenches (which he did do). I'll update later to show what a good job he did, and how hard he worked to help his dad out. I couldn't be prouder of his efforts!!


No comments: